miércoles, 12 de diciembre de 2012

Black&Red saran wrap manicure.

Hello Señoritas!

How are you doing? I guess you're all in the christmassy move, buying presents, thinking of outfits and what is most important, manicures. Well, I am. As you already know for New Year's eve I'll be wearing the third of the dresses I posted about, which is black and red. So I've started my trial-error process for choosing the perfect nails to go with it.

This is my first attempt: black and red saran wrap manicure (if you're on the look for a tutorial, I did one here). 
The colors used are Anny Open My Heart (great red jelly) and China Glaze Liquid Leather. 

I really liked the way it turned out BUT considering on New Year's eve the light won't be this intense, I decided to keep looking for something more eye-catching :) Those pictures were taken in indirect sunlight around 13h so you can really tell where there's red and where there's black. But trust me when I say that under artificial lightning or at dawn the manicure looked very dark and maybe a tad too subtle for such an occasion as welcoming a new year.

I'll keep experiencing then ;)

M.

6 comentarios:

  1. Great choice of color, and beautiful for the season!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. it kinda looks like OPI black spotted. I might have to give the saran wrap a try!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. This mani looks wonderful!!! I love it so much!! But I guess you're right, if the light is low it will be hard to see the difference between the red and the black :-(
    I suggest that you make another occasion to wear this mani with the red and black dress. Some special lunch perhaps? ;-)
    Anyway, I can't wait to see more red and black ideas!! ;-))

    ResponderEliminar
  4. So pretty! But you're right, if the light is low, it might be hard to see. It would go great with the black and red dress for a different occasion. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I really like this look! I would pair it with a gray dress, or even a gold one. I'm not a fan of the matchy-matchy. I agree that it would be difficult to make out in dim light, though... maybe in the summer?

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Red and black, such a great combo! I love the marbling effect!

    ResponderEliminar

Hi there :) Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, I really value and appreciate it! I hope you enjoyed your walk through my blog, take care!